October 21, 2009

Google Maps -- Double Standards

I am not very political but at least I know one thing, double standard sucks big time.

Arunachal is shown as a disputed territory for the rest of the world.


View Larger Map

And for the Chinese it is being shown as a part of China.


查看大图

I am very disappointed and all I can say is that it shows Google turning into a very filthy organization.

Note --

Moral of the story is Google succumbs to pressure for a silly reason. It is a map to show where a place is on this globe, (location on earth with one of the names with which the place is called) and not a Political Map (no boundaries and one world). I guess one can show these places without political boundaries which will be consistent throughout the world? So will the usefulness of Google Maps or any such software diminish if it does not show political boundaries

1 comment:

Mrunal Gawade said...

Nice observation :)